Sandi and I recently started a recipe directory on bandedliving.com. We are forever grateful to everyone in the banded living community who has taken the time to share their recipes. These recipes are important tools in their amazing weight loss journeys. Let’s face it. We love to eat, and we love to eat healthy, satisfying, meals that also keep our weight loss journey on track.
My husband does most of the cooking in our family. I usually cook on holidays, but I also have a repertoire of quick and easy lap band friendly meals that I can put together with a few ingredients.
For the first five years of my lap band journey, pasta was off the menu. That is, until I discover Tofu Shirataki noodles from Hungry Girl. Here is one my favorite, decadent, easy to prepare shirataki noodle recipes:
Decadent Pasta in Meat Sauce with Broccoli (serves 2)
- 2 pkg shirataki fettuccini
- 4 oz extra lean (95%) ground beef
- 1 c Kirkland Marinara Sauce
- 1cup steamed broccoli florets
- 1 T freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- Garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes to taste
- Empty bag of shirataki noodles into a strainer and rinse for at least 30 seconds
- Transfer noodles to ceramic bowl, cover loosely and microwave for 3 minutes
- Rinse and strain noodles again; set aside
- Add broccoli florets to ceramic bowl, cover loosely and microwave for 2 minutes
- Brown ground beef in frying pan; add garlic, salt and pepper to taste
- Pat beef to remove any excess fat
- Pat dry noodles with paper towels; get out as much of the water as you can
- Return noodles to bowl and add ricotta cheese, gently stir to coat noodles thoroughly
- Transfer noodles to frying pan with ground beef
- Add tomato sauce and stir
- Remove broccoli from microwave and strain
- Add broccoli to pan and stir again
- Add pepper flakes to taste
- Transfer to serving bowls
- Sprinkle on freshly grated parmesan cheese
Each serving has approximately 220 calories and 20 grams of protein.
Sign up below to receive regular inspiration and information direct to your inbox!